Mars Petcare is the home of the world's leading Petcare brands, including WHISKAS®, PEDIGREE®, OPTIMUM™, DINE®, MY DOG® and SCHMACKOS™.
Mars Petcare partnered with Squad has an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Mechanical Fitter to join their Reliability team. You'll need to be eager to learn and show initiative, have excellent communication skills and not be afraid to share your ideas. This is a junior role, junior wages apply.
This position is available for a start in January 2024 (earlier start may be negotiable). As an Apprentice Mechanical Fitter you will support the Reliability department deliver plant performance and efficiency through maintenance and continuous improvement of machinery and equipment whilst studying theoretical components of the apprenticeship.
The successful applicant will report to the Reliability Area Manager (Mechanical) and will be required to perform maintenance tasks across the entire site, as well as within designated workshops.
Perform day to day tasks as required, including:
- Learning and assisting in the fault finding, problem solving, repair, maintenance and overhaul of plant equipment.
- Developing mechanical skills such as basic welding, lubrication, machining, and equipment rebuild using a variety of factory/maintenance shop and specialty tools.
- Maintaining production equipment through application of preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Conducting non-routine and routine maintenance activities, including all relevant and compliance documentation.
- Diagnosing equipment problems and taking corrective action to achieve optimum safety and efficiency.
- Contribute to team effectiveness through participation and cooperation
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Sound computer literacy and mathematical competence
- Basic skills in the use and maintenance of hand and power tools
- Natural mechanical aptitude and interests
- Safety consciousness and ability to demonstrate a basic understanding of WHS procedures
Completion of high school certificate or equivalent is preferred but not essential.
Benefits for you!
We genuinely believe that our Apprentices can be future leaders of our amazing business. To support you in achieving this you'll not only have a real role with real responsibility but also the freedom to explore new areas with the support and tools you need to develop and grow.
This is an opportunity to gain valuable hands on experience while working towards Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade (MEM30219).
This is a five day week (dayshift work), however there is an expectation that some overtime and weekend work may be required due to production constraints. You will be given time on the job to receive training by TAFE.
You will also have the support of a Squad Mentor who will visit you on site on a regular basis throughout your Apprenticeship.
When you work for Squad we make sure all the employment stuff is done right! Right pay, right course, right workplace, right safety equipment, right support and advice! All you have to do is show up and do your best – Squad will do the rest!
So, what next?
If you are interested in applying and can commit to a four year Apprenticeship, hit the ‘apply’ button now and send your resume to Squad today!
Squad is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.